- to my web-site -
|Below is a series of notes relating to this site. Please spend a minute
or two studying the 'Navigation System' notes (bottom section); they will
greatly aid your understanding of where you are, and are going, as you
browse through the various sections.
- These pages have been optimised for an 800 x 600 resolution display;
they also appear quite good in 1024 x 768 (though the pictures appear slightly
smaller than ideal!); however, in 640 x 480, the alignment of some
graphics/text can appear a little messy. Best results are obtained by viewing
this site with the 'Netscape' browser.
- Thank you for visiting my web-site: I hope you enjoy the experience,
and, perhaps, have a smile or two along the way. If you visit any of my
'projects/websites', I hope you leave with an increased knowledge and appreciation
of that subject. If you would like to leave any comments, you will find
a 'Guest Book' at the bottom of my home-page ('Mick's Pad'). Note:
the 'Anne Brontë' and 'Clifford T Ward' projects have
their own seperate Guest Books.
- In the top right-hand corner of every page is a small button with a
downwards pointing arrow (see above): this merely takes you directly to
the bottom of the page! In the bottom right-hand corner is a similar button
with an upwards pointing arrow which performs the reverse. On some pages
a small button with a downwards pointing arrow is also included in the
top left-hand corner - this will take you directly to a special feature
further down the page.
Every page has a 'row' of 'RETURN' buttons along the bottom (see 'example
row' at the bottom of this page).
- The number of 'return' buttons will correspond exactly to the number
of 'links' you are away from my home-page ('Mick's Pad').
- The right-hand button will take you back one step (or 'link'),
and each successive button, from right to left, will take you back one
step (or 'link') further - such that the extreme left-hand button will
take you fully back to my home-page ('Mick's Pad').
- Beside each button is the title of the page you will be returned to.
- Some pages are 'multi-linked'; in other words can be accessed
via different links (or through different paths); however, the 'Navigation
System' is designed such that the 'RETURN' buttons will take you back,
step by step, along the path whence you came. (You'll soon get the idea).
- N.B: you may encounter a few exceptions to the conditions mentioned
above: these have been done with good reasons which you need not concern
yourself with here - just trust me on this one!
- Some pages are best viewed in a sequence (i.e. when browsing through
the poems section): where this applies, an additional 'Sequence Control
Bar' will also be found at the bottom of the pages; its function is obvious
- here is an example of the 'Sequence Control Bar':
|| Next Page
N.B: The only active button in the 'example row'
below is the one that takes you back to my home page - 'Mick's Pad' - after
familiarizing yourself with the 'row' -
give it a try!
(Assume you have jumped '4 links'
from my home page; there will therefore be 4 'return' buttons .
. . )
Are Here - (Page 4)
| (Go back 4 steps to my Home Page:)
||(Go back 3 steps to:)
||(Go back 2 steps to:)
||(Go back 1 step to:)
June - 99