Wood's Lodgings / Grand Hotel  -  St. Nicholas Cliff
Wood's Lodgings/St. Nicholas Cliff  (c.1840) 'Grand Hotel' - St. Nicholas Cliff (1996)

The old sketch shows St. Nicholas Cliff around 1840. On the left are Wood's Lodgings, and these are the buildings in which Anne stayed during her first few years at Scarborough with the Robinson family. The Smaller buildings (in the centre of the block) were demolished in 1842, with a larger building being erected in their place (see 'Wood's Lodgings' - accessed from 'Main Page'). Beyond and behind the lodgings is Scarborough's South Bay. The modern photograph shows the same view today with the Grand Hotel standing on the site of Wood's Lodgings.


Copyright © 1999 Michael Armitage
      RETURN:      Christ Church

26  -  June  -  99   
Mick Armitage (e-mail)